Serves 2 people
Ingredients of pasta and its sauce:
- Half packet pasta (penne, spiral or any other shape).
- Water to boil the pasta
- Olive oil – 3 tsp
- 1 big onion
- 1 red bell pepper (capsicum)
- 3 small tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning or use oregano, thyme and basil.
- Garlic powder(optional)
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 or 2 tsp of sugar to balance the acidity
- Mozzarella cheese – grated
Procedure for sauce:
- Heat any pan and put olive oil in it.
- Chop the onion into small pieces and put it in the pan.
- Cook till onion turns slightly brown.
- Similarly, cut the bell pepper into small pieces and put it in the pan. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes.
- Put the salt, seasoning, paprika, garlic powder and mix well.
- Now put water in the pan. And mix well again.
- Cover the pan with the lid for about 5 to 6 minutes and keep stirring occasionally.
- Remove the lid and add butter and cook till the butter is melted and vegetables are cooked.
- Taste the sauce. If it is bitter add some sugar to balance the acidity.
- Turn off the flame and let the mixture cool down.
- When it is cool enough, put the mixture in blender and blend it into a paste.
Procedure for baking the pasta:
- Boil the pasta.
- Preheat the oven for 10 to 12 minutes at 230 degree Celsius.
- Take an oven bowl and put one layer of boiled pasta in the bowl.
- Spread the Paste on it and sprinkle salt and pepper on the layer of pasta.
- Spread the layer of mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat step 3, 4, and 5 again.
- Put as many layers you want to. In between you can add olives, jalapenos or any other topping you like to eat.
- Now put the bowl in the oven and let it bake for at least 10 minutes till the cheese melts.
- Take out the bowl carefully and serve.
If you have any query, comment in the Leave a Reply section below. Do tell me how it turned out!