- Rising flour- 2 cups
- Baking powder- 1 tbsp
- Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Sweetened cocoa powder/ chocolate drink powder – 1 ½ cups
- Brown sugar/ powdered sugar – 1 ½ cup + ½ cup
- 1 tbsp oil
- Milk – 1 cup
- Heavy cream / fresh cream – 1 cup
- Vanilla extract – 1 tbsp
- Natural food coloring- green
- Sieve the rising flour, baking powder and baking soda, all together, twice.
- Add the cocoa powder and powdered sugar in the mixture. Mix. Add the oil to the mixture.
- Add the milk to the mixture, slowly, not all at once and keep mixing the milk along. Keep mixing with a hand whisker/ electric whisk till the batter becomes fluffy and increases slightly in volume. Pour the batter in a GREASED tin utensil (for oven) / glass or microwavable plastic bowl (for microwave).
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 220 degree Celsius and keep the tin utensil for 15-20 minutes/ Keep the glass or microwavable plastic bowl in microwave for 4-6 minutes.
- To prepare the topping of the cake, mix the heavy cream and vanilla extract with a whisker. Keep mixing till it becomes fluffy. (It will take around ten minutes)
- You can directly add the food coloring in the fluffy cream mixture or you can use a toothpick to decorate the cake after pouring the fluffy cream mixture on top of the baked cake.
- To check if the cake is ready, insert a toothpick into the cake. If the toothpick comes out clean, the cake is ready. If not, keep the cake in the oven OR microwave for another 5 OR 1 minute/s.
- Pour or spread the fluffy cream mixture on the cake. Follow step 6. You can use a piping bag as well to decorate the cake.
- THE GO GREEN CAKE IS READY!
If you have any query, comment in the Leave a Reply section below. Do tell me how it turned out!